• All MLS sales for the month were up by 7.3% from 6,386 to 6,854.
• The median sale price for All MLS sales was up 5.4% from $149,000 to $157,000 (representing a 10-year high for the month of August).
• Average Days On-Market (DOM) for All MLS increased by 1 day.
• On market inventory increased since last August by approximately 1% from 25,849 to 26,086.
• 94.4% of the on market inventory is designated as non-foreclosures and 5.6% is designated as foreclosures. Last year, 92.6% of the on market inventory was designated as non-foreclosures and 7.4% was designated as foreclosures.
August Retrospectives – Based on All MLS Market Activity:
• Over the last 10 years, August sales reached a high in 2012 at 7,041.
• Over the last 10 years, August sales reached a low in 2007 at 4,956.
• Over the last 10 years, the August DOM reached a high in 2007 at 114 days.
• Over the last 10 years, the August DOM reached a low in 2014 at 40 days.
• This is the sixth year since 2009 for the August Median Price to increase over the previous year.
• Over the last 10 years, the August Median Sale Price reached a 10-year high this month at $157,000.
• Over the last 10 years, the August Median Sale Price reached a low in 2009 at $64,900.
Realcomp MLS Subscribers: Be sure to login to this website and visit our Statistics section to access the full August 2015 summary, as well as our zip code reports for the month, and more!