We frequently receive questions during training and in our Customer Care Support Department on the best way to provide Electronic Lockbox (ELB) access to non-SentriLock users for your listings. Two options are available through our ELB system; SentriConnect and One Day Codes. You may prefer to use one over another in various instances. That is completely up to you. Below, we have listed the differences between the two solutions.
- Allows Listing Agent, Listing Office, or One with Lockbox Owner Privileges to grant access to a lockbox that has been assigned to a property during a specific time frame.
- This can be used for providing non-SentriLock REALTOR users (i.e. REALTORS who do not subscribe to Realcomp and don't have SentriSmart access through their current MLS) with access to your listings. See SentriLock Video for Using SentriConnect.
- The time frame is setup by the Listing Agent/Listing Office/Lockbox Owner and can be for as little as 30 minutes or up to several days.
- Access can also be granted to Non-SentriLock/non-REALTOR users (i.e. Home Inspectors, Cleaning Services, etc…) as approved by the seller.
- This type of access requires the one granting the access (the Lockbox Owner) to enter the recipient's email address into the program. This is then recorded and used in access reports.
- To use the SentriConnect app, the end user must download the app, create an account, and be granted access to the specific property by the Listing Agent or Listing Office.
- Showing Notifications are generated for SentriConnect access.
- SentriConnect access can be revoked at any time by the Listing Agent, Listing Office, or Lockbox Owner.
One Day Code
- Allows the Listing Agent, Listing Office, or One with Lockbox Owner Privileges to grant access to a lockbox that has been assigned to a property on a specific day.
- No time frame for that day is associated with the One Day Code.
- One Day Codes can be used to provide non-SentriLock REALTOR users (i.e. REALTORS who do not subscribe to Realcomp and don't have SentrSmart access through their current MLS) with access to your listings - See SentriLock Video on Issuing One Day Codes.
- The One Day Code expires 60 minutes after it is used.
- One Day Codes cannot be revoked.
- This type of access only requires the one granting the access (the Lockbox Owner) to enter minimal information into the app, which is then recorded and shows in the access reports.
- Showing Notifications are not generated for One Day Codes.
Neither of the above access options should ever be provided to consumers under any circumstances. For additional important information on Realcomp’s Electronic Lockbox Policies, go here.
Instructions for Granting SentriConnect™ Access:
- Login to the REALTOR® Lockbox Website Site, https://www.sentrilock.com.
- Click the Listings tab
- On the SentriConnect™ tab, select Grant SentriConnect Access.
- Input the SentriConnect user’s email and select the lockbox you need to grant access to
- Configure the time frame/window you would like to grant access for
Instructions for Generating a One Day Code:
- Open the SentriSmart Mobile App
- Click on the Lockbox Tools tab located at the bottom of the app.
- Select the lockbox the One Day Code is needed for
- Select the date the code will be used on and input the person’s name who will be using the code on that day. Press Get One Day Code.
- Input PIN and press One Day Code
- The 1 Day Code along with the instructions to use it will appear on the screen
- To send the code click on the share link in the upper right of the app
- The agent can select to text message or email the code