Excerpts from Recent ShowingTime Update from Scott Woodard, Chairman and CEO of ShowingTime
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we’re focusing on the well-being and safety of clients, staff and families, our highest priority. We are taking measures to respond to this pandemic while we continue to serve your business needs.
We remain open and operational as we’re fortunate to have the technological bandwidth and capabilities to serve our clients remotely. While the virus is proving most serious for the elderly or those with existing health conditions, we realize all of us are at risk and want to help limit the spread of COVID-19:
- All employees are currently working remotely.
- Day-to-day business activities are continuing.
- Our team is foregoing travel for the near future.
- We’ve posted a webpage that shows the impact of COVID-19 on showings, www.showingtime.com/impact-of-coronavirus/.
- We’ve added notifications to showing agents asking them to confirm that, to their knowledge, they do not have COVID-19, when scheduling a showing.
- Overlapping showings are being discouraged so agents may show homes without concern that another agent will be there, in line with recommendations to practice social distancing.
Best Practices for ShowingTime Setup:
When setting up your listings, you can choose “No” for “Allow Overlapping Showings” in the Appointment Restrictions. The Set Up Listings in ShowingTime user guide can help you with this.
We’re encouraging our team to stay current by visiting the CDC's website and other news websites for the latest updates. Additional information about the impact of COVID-19 on the real estate industry can be found on the National Association of REALTOR's website.
We remain committed to you during these challenging times and will continue to provide the same level of quality service that you have come to expect from ShowingTime. We hope that you and your loved ones are and will remain safe and well.